Property Owners/Homeowners/Real Estate Investment Groups/Landlords
Rent-A-Home is the premier property management firm in the greater Asheville area. We offer the best quality service to our homeowners and help them achieve the highest return on their investments. Our staff has extensive knowledge and experience in the Asheville property management business to help you minimize vacancies and maximize profit. Your home is a very important asset that needs proper attention and management. Our flexible marketing and management plans allow us to customize our services to meet your needs. Not only do we manage homes for rent in Asheville, we also offer houses, condos, townhomes, and apartments for rent in Buncombe and Henderson Counties, including Hendersonville, Black Mountain, Swannanoa, Arden, Etowah, Marshall, Fletcher, Fairview, Woodfin, and Weaverville.
Geared for a “hands on” owner, Rent-A-Home’s marketing program allows you to manage your own home after a new tenant moves in. We will handle all aspects of quickly finding and screening new tenants so you can focus on your job, family, etc. In this program, you handle the rent collection, maintenance requests, and all other aspects of the Landlord-Tenant relationship.
Rent-A-Home’s Marketing program includes:
- Market Assessment- We will help you get your home ready for the Asheville rental market and determine a marketable rental rate to maximize your income.
- Online Advertising- Your property will get worldwide exposure through dozens of websites including Craigslist, Zillow, Trulia, Hotpads, and Realtor.com. For a partial list of sites where your property will be listed, click here.
- Yard Sign- Capture the attention of pedestrians and drive by traffic with a sign in your yard or window! Potential renters often cruise the neighborhoods where they would like to live, looking for “For Lease” signs.
- Agent Showings- Don’t take time out of your busy schedule to show your rental home to prospective tenants, Rent-A-Home’s professional agents will show the property for you!
- Tenant Screening- We run credit and criminal background checks, verify their employment and get references from their previous landlords. Once we have collected all this information, we present the applications to you, and YOU make the final decision on and approval of any new occupants.
- Leases- We will complete a North Carolina Residential Rental Contract on your behalf. This lease includes maintenance and pet addenda’s to protect you and your investment property.
- Security Deposit- We will collect a security deposit, pet deposit (if applicable), and the first month’s rent from the new tenants. We we will collect an appropriate security deposit, which is usually equal to one month's rent.
Full Property Management Program:
Full service property management is our specialty. When you sign up for Rent-A-Home’s management program, you put your mind at ease knowing that our experienced, professional staff will handle all the headaches of managing your property.
Rent-A-Home’s Management program includes:
Everything included in our Marketing Program Plus
- Property Inspections-We conduct thorough inspections and digitally document the condition of your property with hundreds of photos at the time of tenant move-in and move-outs. We also provide tenants a Move-In Inspection form at the time of move-in. More frequent inspections available upon request.
- Rent Collection- We make it convenient for our tenants, allowing them to pay online and set up automatic payments to ensure timely rent collection each month.
- Maintenance- We have a 24/7 maintenance line for our tenants to ensure your home is always cared for. We will handle all maintenance requests and you will get a copy of the original invoice for any work done at your property. Unlike other property managers in Asheville, we NEVER mark up our vendor’s prices or charge any additional fees for handling maintenance requests.
- Eviction Services- It rarely happens, but when you need to evict a tenant, you want the experienced staff at Rent-A-Home to handle all aspects of the eviction process, so you don’t have to get involved.
- General Management- We will be here to handle any of the day to day issues that arise at your rental home.
Short Term Management Program:
We also offer short term rentals geared towards newcomers to the Asheville market. Many people moving to Asheville and the surrounding areas are looking for short term rental while they find the right area to buy or build a home. Our short term rentals are a minimum of 90 day leases and usually come fully furnished with utilities included, providing tenants a turnkey rental home.
Rent-A-Home’s Short Term Management program includes:
- Everything included in our Marketing and Management Programs – Just for a Shorter Term
Pricing for the Programs:
Our fees are paid out of the first full month’s rent, so we don’t get paid until we successfully find a quality tenant that YOU approve.
Marketing Program: One month’s rent
Management Program: 25% of the first full month’s rent, then 10% of each month thereafter
Short-Term Management: 20% of each month’s rent